The City of Burien is developing an economic development action plan. City staff and advisory board members will work together to build consensus on priority actions that will help improve the economic vitality of our community.
The action plan will contain specific economic development goals, strategies, and implementation measures and an implementation plan, outlining the timing, anticipated cost, and funding source of each implementation action.
The preliminary overview and update of the plan was presented at the January 29, 2024 City Council Meeting.
There are several ways you can get involved:
- Check out the new online engagement tool [update 1/12/2024: Surveys have now closed].
- Mark your calendars for one of our upcoming events.
- Sign up for Burien Economic Development monthly newsletter for project updates
- Email your questions or comments to email@example.com
Subscribe to Updates
Subscribe to Burien Economic Development email newsletter for project updates.
Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager
- Burien Economic Development Strategic Plan (2013)
- Economic Development Action Plan Existing Conditions Brief (December 14, 2023)
Opportunities and Challenges
Evaluate current economic conditions and constraints.
Community feedback gathered through stakeholder interviews, public meetings, and open house.
December 2023-February 2024
Evaluate community feedback and develop draft plan.
Plan goes to Business and Economic Development Partnership and Burien City Council for review and adoption.
Last Updated: February 2, 2024