The Burien City Council is developing a plan to guide the City of Burien government for the next 3–5 years, spanning multiple election and budget cycles. The plan helps both the City Council and staff identify areas where they need to focus their efforts.
The City Council and City staff will engage with the community to learn their priorities for the next few years. They will examine those priorities and develop high-level goals that will set the tone for budgeting priorities and staff work planning. The community, staff, and City Council will use the plan as a guide and a measure of accountability.
Get involved with this project:
- Read a summary of the City Council’s strategic planning sessions.
- Read the results of community engagement activities.
- Send your thoughts to the Burien City Council via email.
Subscribe to Updates
Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
The City Council adopted a four-year strategic plan in 2016, with updates in 2017 and 2018. The priorities that were identified included nurturing a safe, healthy, and dynamic community and supporting a strong City organization.
In 2021, the City Council approved budget for strategic planning. Creative Strategy Solutions was hired to facilitate the strategic planning process.
City Council Special Meeting Materials
- June 27, 2022 City Council Special Meeting – Session 1 Materials
- July 12, 2022 City Council Special Meeting – Session 2 Materials
- July 14, 2022 City Council Special Meeting – Session 3 Materials
- July 26, 2022 City Council Special Meeting – Session 4 Materials
- July 28, 2022 City Council Special Meeting – Session 5 Materials
- Executive Summary of the Strategic Plan
Public City Council Meetings
Adopt Strategic Plan
City Manager prepares budget for City Council consideration
2023-2024 Budget deliberated by City Council
Last Updated: August 11, 2022